We are off to a windy start on this Wednesday morning as wind gusts are currently peaking near 40 mph across southeast Nebraska. The wind is also back out of the northwest, which is bringing in cooler air. Most of the area is currently sitting in the 30s, but a few of you could drop down to the 20s before sunrise. We will have another mostly sunny day today, with calming wind speeds as we head into the evening. Winds out of the northwest will drop our highs to the low 40s today. Southerly winds will return overnight as temperatures drop down to the low 20s. But warmer air will start to push in again as we end the week with above average temperatures in the upper 40s. The forecast looks pretty dry into the weekend as we only have a slight chance for a few morning showers on Sunday.
- TODAY: Blustery start to the day! Wind speeds will calm throughout the day and highs will reach the low 40s. HIGH: 42
- THURSDAY: A tad bit warmer with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 44
- FRIDAY: Close to the low 50s with more sunshine. HIGH: 48
- SATURDAY: Even warmer with highs in the upper 40s and low 50s. HIGH: 49
- SUNDAY: Slight chance for a few showers in the morning with highs in the low 40s. HIGH: 40
Meteorologist Brittany Foster