We are off to a warmer start this morning as all of southeast Nebraska is sitting in the 70s with high dew points. These high dew points will continue into the afternoon and evening, resulting in a very muggy day. Highs will also be a few degrees warmer, with most of the area peaking in the upper 90s and low triple digits.
Combine this heat with the moisture and it will make it feel more like 105 degrees or warmer this evening. Use caution if you plan on spending time outside and stay hydrated!
The heat carries over into your Thursday, but high temperatures will be a bit cooler. A cold front will push through the area throughout your Thursday and eventually will spark a few thunderstorms late in the day. Rain chances continue into the weekend with a major drop in temperatures back into the 80s.
- TODAY: Highs reach the upper 90s and triple digits with heat index values near 110 degrees. HIGH: 100
- THURSDAY: Slightly cooler but still hot with highs in the mid 90s. A cold front increases rain chances into the afternoon. HIGH: 96
- FRIDAY: Hello temp drop! Highs drop back below average into the mid-80s with mostly cloudy skies and scattered rain. HIGH: 86
- SATURDAY: Even cooler by a few degrees with highs in the mid-80s and more scattered rain. HIGH: 84
- SUNDAY: Isolated chance for showers for the first day of August. HIGH: 86
Meteorologist Brittany Foster
, forecast, heat advisory, heat index, hot, lincoln, Nebraska, rain, update, weather, Wednesday, weekendcooling
Originally Appeared Here