WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State women’s tennis travels to Kansas City, Mo. tomorrow for a match against Creighton at 1:00 p.m., and host Kansas City at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday at the Plaza Tennis Center.
- The senior duo of Marta Bellucco and Sarvinoz Saidhujaeva came in at No. 23 in the ITA Preseason Doubles Rankings. The long-delayed updates to the rankings the duo drop out. They are currently 12-5 on the season and have ranked wins over Arizona State’s No. 50 Ilze Hattingh/Lauryn John-Baptiste and Kansas State’s No. 46 Karine-Marion Job/Maria Linares
- Freshman Jessie Zheng leads the Shockers in singles wins with a 9-6 record at No. 4 and 5. Three other Shockers have five wins on the season.
- The duo of Ting-ya Hsu and Jessie Zheng have been productive at the second doubles spot, going 9-7 on the season.
Scouting the Competition
- Unlike KC, Creighton lost last time out to North Dakota, 5-2.
- Malvika Shukla and Sarah Wilcox both have seven singles wins. Shulka is 7-0 while playing from line 4-6 while Wilcox is 7-4 and earned her seven at lines 1-2.
- The duo of Emma Gener/Malvika Shukla have seven doubles wins with six of them coming on line three.
- The Shockers are 28-2 against the Bluejays. The teams last met in 2019, a 4-0 WSU win.
Kansas City (5-6)
- The Roos beat North Dakota last time out, 4-3.
- Thanushree Vale leads KC in singles wins with eight. Most of these have come on line three where she is 6-3.
- The duo of Yana Grechkina/Michela Xibilia leads the team with five doubles wins, all at the top line.
- The Shockers are 11-0 all-time versus the Roos.
The Shockers stay on the road to face Memphis on April 11 and Tulane on April 13.
For updates during the match, follow @GoShockersWTEN on Twitter. A recap will be posted on GoShockers.com after the conclusion of each match. There will be no live stats for these two matches.