The City of Overland Park welcomed a new Governing Body Monday night, swearing in a new mayor, four new members of the Overland Park City Council and two returning members of the city council.
City Clerk Elizabeth Kelley first swore in Mayor Curt Skoog at the City Council Meeting.
She then swore in current and new Council Members, including:
- Ward 1 Council Member Logan Heley
- New Ward 2 Council Member Melissa Cheatham
- Ward 3 Council Member Jim Kite
- New Ward 4 Council Member Scott Mosher
- New Ward 5 Council Member Sam Passer
- New Ward 6 Council Member Jeff Cox
Each of the members of the Governing Body sworn in Monday night was elected during the Nov. 2 election.