KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) — According to the MARC dashboard, the Kansas City metro area saw its largest weekly increase of new COVID-19 hospitalizations so far in 2021.
Hospitalizations increased by over 15 percent from this time last week, according to the data.
Most of the metro saw an increase this week:
- Metro-wide: 15.4 percent increase
- Johnson County, KS: 15.2 percent increase
- Wyandotte County: 34.6 percent increase
- Clay County: 19.8 percent decrease
- Jackson County, MO: 34.8 percent increase
- Jackson County, excluding KCMO: 33 percent increase
- Kansas City, MO: 36.2 percent increase