Your Thursday is off to a warm and muggy start with temperatures and dew point temperatures both in the 70s. Spotty showers and thunderstorms are starting to move southward as well, so grab your rain gear before you head out!
Clouds will increase as we progress throughout the day thanks to a cold front that will sink southward. This will result in cooler highs for northeast Nebraska, but southeast Nebraska will still be hot. Highs will reach the mid to upper 90s with heat index values as high as 110 degrees.
The front will finally bring a little relief to southeast Nebraska this afternoon and evening in the form of spotty showers and thunderstorms. The majority of these are expected to fire up around 5-7 PM, but a few spotty ones are possible before. If you plan on attending Husker Fan Day, I highly recommend bringing your rain gear!
The cool air behind the front continues to build in tomorrow, and high temperatures only warm into the upper 80s as a result. We hold onto the 80s going into the weekend with rain chances into Saturday.
- TODAY: Last hot day with heat index values as high as 110 degrees. Spotty showers and storms throughout the day, but the majority of them fire up around 5 PM. HIGH: 96
- FRIDAY: On the cooler side with scattered rain. HIGH: 87
- SATURDAY: AM rain chances with mostly cloudy skies and highs in the mid-80s. HIGH: 84
- SUNDAY: Sunshine returns! Highs remain in the mid-80s. HIGH: 85
- MONDAY: Another mild below average day with sunshine. HIGH: 85
Meteorologist Brittany Foster
, forecast, heat advisory, hot, lincoln, Nebraska, rain, thunderstorms, thursday, update, weather, weekendcooling
Originally Appeared Here