The winter storm brought several inches of snow to the St. Louis area
ST. LOUIS — A winter storm moved through Missouri and Illinois on Monday and brought several inches of snow to the St. Louis area.
Here are the highest snow totals:
- Kell, Illinois 11.9 inches
- Freeburg, Illinois 9.5 inches
- Belleville, Illinois 9 inches
- Collinsville, Illinois 8.5 inches
- Fenton 8.5 inches
- Pevely 8 inches
- Arnold 7.8 inches
- Waterloo, Illinois 7.5 inches
- Maryland Heights 6.8 inches
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport 7 inches
- Cottleville 6 inches
- Ferguson 5.9 inches
- Maplewood 5.5 inches
- Eureka 5 inches
Although the snow is done falling for now, brutal cold continues through Tuesday morning. With snow on the ground, morning temperatures will be around zero in many areas the next couple of mornings with wind chills below zero.
More snow is on the way for the St. Louis area on Wednesday but will be much lower amounts than we saw on Monday.
Here are some tips to keep you, your family and your home safe during these brutally cold conditions.